New! Inaugural class of the Alabama Writers Hall of Fame.
The Alabama Center for the Book is the Alabama Affiliate of the Library of Congress Center for the Book and is housed in the University Libraries at the University of Alabama. The Center is located at 711 Capstone Drive, Tuscaloosa, AL, in the Amelia Gayle Gorgas Library, room 201.
- Provide a physical presence for the Center in the University of Alabama Libraries.
- Develop an Advisory Board membership representing constituent groups to provide leadership in the areas of programming and projects.
- Co-sponsor literary events, such as Letters About Literature, Get Caught Reading, Book Arts Workshops and other workshops.
- Maintain an Alabama Literary Map for inclusion of the Center's site.
- Collaborate with state and local organizations who share similar goals and interests.
- Dr. Louis A. Pitschmann, Dean of Libraries (email@example.com)
- Donna B. Adcock, Director, Public Relations, UA Libraries
- Yvonne Mixon, Staff